How can anyone take him seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szlLM5lCNJg&feature=player_embedded

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously ??? You have never bumped into the symbolism which permeates art - modern art, art from previous centuries ... Do you actually just never ponder the many "unnecessary" items in paintings or sculptures? ... Maybe you just assume that the artist has ADHD and puts lots of extra things in because he has a short attention span ...

What Glenn is saying is not usually discussed along with politics, but it's not at all exaggerated. Take a tour of Washington DC. ... take a look at our dollar bill for examples of the symbolism which artists weave into their art.

And as for taking Glenn seriously ... he presents 5 hours a week on TV and some 15 hours a week on radio.

So this 9 minute video clip is hardly representative of what he talks about, and why MANY of us take Glenn Beck very seriously indeed.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• On one hand, I'm a conservative fan of Glen Beck - and since I've studies some art history, he's certainly not wrong about the contents of the art work.

On the other hand, as a Graphic designer and painter, I love Russian art and design, there's a huge Russian art collection in a nearby museum. It's really cool, and I wouldn't cringe about having it around me.

So the question that we have to ask, that Glenn doesn't have the answer to, is what did people have in mind when they displayed this art? Did they want to display it for art's sake? In which case; I'm all for it. Or did they want to display it to shout praises to Russian Communism? In which case, I recommend they read "A day in the life of Ivan Denisovich."

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• That's so funny! I wish people would check out the information Mr. Beck gives them. It's true Diego Rivera did that mural under commission by Rockefeller, it's also true that he just painted whatever he wanted and it was destroyed after he refused to change it. Rivera began painting in1933, it was unfinished when it was destroyed in February of 1934. The one Mr. Beck shows us is a second version painted in Mexico City.

syfymom

Answer by syfymom at 10:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• While your history of that painting is interesting syfymom.

I still think the main question is what is the motivation behind having it on display now? I can see easily see it just being a benign art aficionado. And I could easily see it being a person who really supports communism since we do have plenty of those in the U.S.

Heck, I could easily see it being a combination of the two. All are entirely possible.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Its Ok, I don't. and sorry, I am not watching the clip
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Don't care whom it is: YOU TUBE is not credible. Either side.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• WTF? Who put him on the air? Why do people watch him? WTF?
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Symbolic artwork is what it is called.

http://www.huntfor.com/arthistory/c19th/symbolism.htm

This is another great example of Symbolic art.Pornocrates by Félicien Rops

File:Félicien Rops 001.jpg

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• The pig is leading her blindly into the night...hmmmm I wonder what that could represent?

Pig = Men
    Blind = Ignoring the truth
    Night = Unknown
    Cherubs = of course love
    So It is a man leading her into the unknown because she is blinded by love.
    See how easy that is I am sure my 2 year old can do it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Glenn Beck is a certifiable paranoid. He needs meds and hospitalization.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2009