What would you have done with this kid?

I babysit 2 kids when the parent came by to pick one of them up the little brother of the one I babysit comes in running (6 yrs. old) and my dd is 6 also. Anyway he makes this cartwheel and almost kicked my dd in the face...I know some of you mom's would have told it like it is...I was more like oh sh....becareful your not supposed to do stuff like that...he just looked at me like yeah...yeah..finally the parent told him something and out they go and the parent goes right behind them as if they were the parent...I really don't care for kids like that but I blame the parent...even though I was too nice about it I wish I would have said something but didn't want to sound hateful....aarrgg some kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I probably would have handled it the same way as you. Also, just because the parent didn't light that kid up on the spot doesn't mean he didn't get himself a new tooshy when he got home. I don't ever discipline my son at the daycare or school. I wait until we get home and I discuss what happened with him if it is a first time offense. If it has happened before I remind him of our previous talk and tell him he is getting a spanking because that is what I told him was going to happen if he did it again. I don't ever do that in front of others simply because I don't want someone turning me into child services for being mean to my kid - it is scary with that crap.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would have got his attention and make sure he know that flips weren't allowed inside my house, and not even think of it again unless he did it again. Then I would have told the mom that she needed to address it if she didn't take it upon herself first.
    No harm, no foul.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would have did what you did...

BUT if he was to do it again that would be a different story..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009