How do I get my nearly 5 month old to stop Bitting while breast feeding?

It is almost everytime I feed her. I tell her no and stop nursing. She has her two bottom teeth and it about sends me thru the roof! Owwwwch!~! I'd love some suggestions.

mommyof2kiddos

Asked by mommyof2kiddos at 10:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i read in one of my books to yelp or say ow instead of no and stop nursing for a few minutes.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter did this. I would say "ouch" loudly, take her off, cover up and put her down. And not just for a minute, for at least 5-10, long enough for her to fuss and realize she wasn't getting anymore. It took about a week and then it stopped.
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 10:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Are you producing enough milk?? My DS did this when my milk started to dry up when he was 6 1/2 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter did this and it never stopped for us...she drew blood twice to the point that it went through my shirt and I tried all the suggestions that peole and the LLL give you and it didn't work....it just turned out to be a crying session for the both of us....she would nurse ok at night, but we were done BFing at around 8 months during the day and I was just pumping all day to give it to her. Shes' a year old and hasn't tried nursing now for about 3 weeks, so I guess we're done :( but good luck...hopefully it works better for you.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• sadly you can't. just takem off and say no( which never works) they get over it sooner or later. but until then ouch is right
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I yelled NO at my daughter and put her in her crib by herself and left the room, which she HATES more than anything else. She screamed in protest and I left her in her crib for about 4-5minutes (at 6mo old, too much longer would have been mean) and then when I picked her back up to start nursing again, she didn't bite me. I did this 2 days in a row, and she is still nursing at almost 1yr, has 8 teeth and hasn't bitten me since then.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 10:49 AM on Sep. 3, 2009