Postpartum question TMI?

I'm currently almost 5 weeks postpartum and I'm still on my period off and on for 5 weeks now. I was wondering if it's normal to bleed this long and should I call my doc tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• its normal to bleed up to 6 weeks post partum. i work in an obgyn office. after that call the doc unless ur just spotting.
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It is normal. With my first, my postpartum bleeding lasted six weeks. I had one day off and got a full blown period. UGH. If it lasts more than eight weeks talk to your doc. Also if you have your 6week checkup coming up, call and see if they want to reschedule. They may want to because they want to do a pap and if you are bleeding, they may want to put it off until it is done.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• oh my god! I had my child July 21 and come Jan I was still bleeding.. !! They may need to give you a pill to stop it (birth control) or change the one your on. I stopped my pills all together and the bleeding stopped!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's okay, if it ever turns bright red then call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009