HOW DO I KNOW IF MY WATER HAS BROKE OR IN LABOR

havens_mommy08

Asked by havens_mommy08 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• uhm you would be all wet and probably in some pain...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I didn't really know when my water broke. It was trickling there was no gush. You will also feel major cramps. Trust me you'll just know.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i wondered this, because the first time i was induced. my hubby said last night when they broke my water....it was gross. like had blood in it, not just like water. so i too wonder, what to expect. i have a lot of discharge daily so i have no idea if it's like peeing my pants, but instead of pee it be thick mucus like stuff??????? glad i am not the only one!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You won't always know~ but usually you will-- really know! ;-P

When the water ruptures it can trickle or gush, you'd notice that you're continuing to "pee."
    And most women notice the cramps at regular intervals that increase with intensity and frequency.

Every labor is unique, but there are some pretty common symptoms.
    Not everyone will have their water break at all, or have painful contractions.
    Many moms do question what's going on. There are a combo of things to look for, but contractions are the most common Big thing.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i was already in labor when my baby kicked really hard and then i felt a big warm leak.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• the "water" feels oily. it doesn't always gush out- mine was a slow trickle. I kept going to the bathroom and thought that I was slowly peeing my pants. The contractions will start soon after your water breaks- call the dr- they may have you come in or will confirm over the phone if you should expect to welcome your little one sooner or later. Good Luck! and Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009