does anyone have a good recipe for chocolate mousse?

I like the one from sizzler it is really light and fluffy with just a hint of chocolate, idk if they would tell me if they make it or they buy it already made, anyway I don't live near a sizzler to ask them anyway

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Chocolate pudding and cool whip. It is like a perfect mousse. You can mess with the ratio untill you get it the way you like it. I use a whole pudding mix(with the milk added and let it set up in the fridge first) and a whole cool whip. maybe you could get heavy whipping cream and do it your self and add pudding or just cocoa powder.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
    makes 4 1/2-cup servings
    9 tablespoons cocoa powder (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon)
    3 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon brandy or cognac
    3 tablespoons water
    2 eggs
    4 tablespoons sweetener or 1 1/2 teaspoons white stevia powder
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    Melt the chocolate and butter with the brandy and water in a double boiler. Stir until completely melted, then remove from heat. It will be pasty, not runny. Separate the eggs and beat the yolks into the chocolate with an electric hand mixer. Add the sweetener and continue to beat with the hand mixer. Taste and add more sweetener, if desired. Whip the egg whites to a soft peak.
    Whip one-quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate with the electric mixer, then whip in the remaining whites. The mixture will be thick, creamy, and glossy. Whip the cream to a soft peak.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Fold in the whipped cream together with the chocolate mixture until completely combined.
    Pour into individual serving bowls and chill several hours or overnight.

NOTE: This recipe contains raw egg whites. If this is a concern for you, you can purchase powdered pasturized egg whites at supermarkets and natural food stores. But also read Raw Eggs for Your Health by Dr. Mercola. He says "only sick chickens lay salmonella-contaminated eggs. If you are obtaining high quality, cage-free, organically fed, omega-3 enhanced chicken eggs...the risk virtually disappears."

this recipe is from my favorite desert website: www.sweetsavvy.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I know some buffets that make it by combining cool whip and Hershey syrup. I combine chocolate pudding and cool whip.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009