is anyone ever overwhelmed by motherhood at times or is it just me??

sometimes i just want to blow up because i cant handle the baby's (3 month old) crying all the time.. but for the most part he doesn't cry ever.. and sleeps 13 hrs a night so i'm very lucky.. but when he does cry it gets very overwhelming to me.. does this just happen to me or other moms also..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am overwhelmed with a 6 year old, a 10 month old, and a husband who works THE ENTIRE time he is awake........I have no family or friends here and im going IN-FREAKIN-SANE!!!!!! Literally!
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 11:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would get extremly overwhelmed. My daughter would cry for hours at a time. I would have to just leave the room for a couple minutesto catch my composure. It wont hurt if they cry a little for your sanity.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• its normal.now mine is 14 months and i dont feel so much overwelmed as just kinda bored doing baby stuff all day or when she cries and whines for weird reasons its kinda mentally exhausting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yeah, i have those moments about 4 times a week now....better than 4 times a day. i have an almost 13 month old and another on the way in 8 weeks. i'm a SAHM so it gets overwhelming. a daily/weekly schedule keeps some of my sanity in check.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I feel overwhelmed with an almost 5yr old and an almost 4yr old whom i raise and love most dearly. ...but i never even gave birth to them. It's frustrating being a young mom (i'm 22) to kids that aren't "my fault" (for lack of a better word). Oh. and they aren't brothers either. ...My younger one. Well, he's my DSS so i knew what i was getting myself into with that one. No big deal. ...but my older boy ...he's got one messed up story. So with me he will stay ...but damn. It's exhausting.
    but we do have lots of good days too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I am a SAHM too, and my husband works 12 hour night shifts. And I'm going back to school as well. So with a 14 month old I also get overwhelmed. Definitely when he was 3 months old I was overwhelmed as well! You are not alone! They are exhausting, but certainly a joy. I bet once he starts being more responsive to you and playing more, it will get a little better. Keep your head up! I'm sure you are a wonderful mom!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It is normal ecspecially if he is only 3mts old. hormones are getting back to normal so any little bit of crying can just make you want to bawl just like him. but it sounds like you need a break. Maybe call one of your friends or mom or someone you trust and you and your hubby/ b/f or what not and go for a night away even if it's just for a couple of hours!
    I find it to be relaxing and what helps me to keep my sanity is to find someone close to me to help with their problems, it takes away from yours and you start to appreciate your situation more. (not that you don't appreciate it now)
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 11:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm w/ya... I have an 11yo & a 5yo. We're finally getting on a decent school schedule, so that in itself is helping. But tonight was just one of those nights! I had to let my lil one scream @ the top of her lungs while I calmed down. Sometimes we just have to do that! Like the pp said-i bet ur a wonderful mom! Take a deep breath & just smile! :c)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 11:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• oh. ...i should add that i'm a SAHM and DH is deployed in Iraq.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It happens to all of us! I have 4 bio kids, 6 step kids and a combined 20 grandkids! I DO get overwhelmed! One thing to keep in mind, the baby can sense when you are stressed or upset and that makes them cry more. So try to relax while your trying to calm your baby.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2009