Weird question for mother's of boys

Okay, so , I have noticed that both of my son's ages 3 yrs and 8 months have had a hard penis during a diaper change or bath time. Is this something that happens to all little boys? Do you know why it happens? I am to embarrassed to tell my male pediatrician that this happens.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son gets morning wood. If I do a diaper change right when he wakes up I get a little suprise when I open it up(and I'm not talkin about poop) Sometimes he will "play with himself" and it gets a little stiff. It's an erection like a grown man because something feels good, just not in a sexual way.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son is 18 months and it happens occasionally. from what I have heard its normal and spontaneous. It doesnt mean that they are aroused...its just something that happens.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i believe it is because they are relaxed and the blood is down there. my hubby and i watched a show on erections and such, and they actually get erect as older boys and men because they are so relaxed the blood is able to flow more freely. so maybe the same holds true for an infant? hope that made sense
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have to two boys, one is still in diapers and has the same issue alot. My husband told the pediatrician about if on one of his early doctor's check ups...I was embarrassed!!!!! Evidently it is perfectly normal.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's perfectly normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes it's normal, and it happens especially in the morning or when they have to pee.
    My son was talking about his to me today in fact, he's 8.oh boy!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's normal. My son would get them when I changed his diaper and especially if he would strech while I changed him.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• totally normal...... my pediatrician told me that it happens up to 8-9 times a day. it's not an arousal thing. He described it as "just making sure everything works for when he needs it later..."
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I was going to post a queation about the same thing. My son also wakes up with them. So I guess it is normal.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• it's just a pee hard on - even adult males get it sometimes. totally normal and consider it a warning they may be about to let some pee fly.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009