OMG the worst children I have ever met!

My Mom asked me if I wanted to babysit two little boys for a few months(her friends sons). I said I'd meet with the Mother and the boys. I was willing to do it. Well the woman came over with her two boys, and she was like 2 hours late. One of my biggest pet peeves is people being on time! Well the boys seemed fine at first. Then the oldest boy who is 8 told me he liked to steal and he liked to beat up his brother. When his mom said "thats not nice" he told her to shut up! The little boy(5) was hitting my dogs and chasing them. I had to stop him several times cause the Mom wasn't. Then the older boy told me he liked to break things, and mentioned breaking windows in his house a few times cause he thought it was fun. His mom then said "it was an accident" he said "no it wasn't" and she said "yes it was!" lol I was like yeah accident my butt! Then I let him play my wii. He got angry and said he was going to (contd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Break the TV and he was trying to get the security bracelet off his wrist to throw at the TV… OMG! My 57inch TV that DH and I worked hard to get! The younger boy kept coming in and out in and out in and out… every time he came in or out he slammed my French doors. I was like omg he is going to break the glass! The Mom didn’t care! I was appalled that any mother would let their children act like that at all let alone in someone else’s home! Have you ever met horrible kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I hope you didn't agree to watch those kids!
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• aah also the younger boy(5) didnt speak. The Mom said if he wanted something he would cry so I'd have to guess what it was. But it usually meant he was hungry. She ACTUALLY told me this. I was like wtf are you serious lady? The kid talked fine to her but he wouldnt talk to me. She said he wouldnt talk to anyone but her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• wow... i would hate to watch those kids.....but maybe you could teach them a lesson or two! That is just a horrible mom tho.... the kids are horrid cuz of her!
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 11:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• WOW! Um yeah, I wouldn't have watched them either and I (being the smarty pants that I am) would have told the mother exactly why! I've personally had friends who had children like that but I let my friends know that type of behavior is not appropriate in my house and I never baby sat any of them. It's not acceptable for my children to behave that way and I wouldn't want them around anyone teaching them that behavior period. Kids are SO disrespectful nowadays and people wonder why. Well, this mom is the reason why. Just the fact that she was still there and doing nothing to stop the unacceptable behavior is ridiculous. My kids (ages 2 and 3) act BETTER when in any place public than when at home. At home I feel like you can cut loose and have some fun but in public, oh no. And that isn't cutting loose, they were acting like freaking animals. I totally agree with you on this one!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Horrid. Never do it again, if that mom hasn't figured it out by now, she never will. AVOID!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's not the kids who are horrible. ...it's the mom. I hope those kids get the help they need from somebody. And soon!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I refuse to watch my nephew, he is horrid. Let me say that he assaulted a teacher, calls his mom a bad word and calls his sisters ho too. So when I didn't have any kids I said ok, fine I'll watch him. He was actually ok with me. However, I won't let him around my sons. If he does come around he tries to get my sons to not to listen to me. I told them that's it. I am not watching your son anymore he needs help!!! I don't want that around my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Those children obvioujsly have severe problems at home, and somebody needs to call CPS on that house. Children only act out like that if they are being abused in some way, even if that way is negligence that allows them to act like that in the first place.

Personally, if I had the time and energy, I would have volunteered to baby sit them. That way they would have at least one stable influence. I have watched children before that were terrible for their parents, and complete angels for me, because I don't tolerate that behavior. Those kids need help, and after reading this, and the responses of some moms on here, I am sad for them. They will never have a chance...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 12:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• "Those children obvioujsly have severe problems at home, and somebody needs to call CPS on that house. Children only act out like that if they are being abused in some way, even if that way is negligence that allows them to act like that in the first place."

She has neglected to properly discipine her children. That much is evident, and does not warrant CPS involvement. I lived with an 8 y.o. boy while in fostercare who was much neglected, and used as a farmhand. He. Was. Horrible! The outbursts and attitude of these children may signal more, but my guess is that she shuold be educated on the finer points of raising her sons to RESPECT others as well as themselves.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 12:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2009