i n ot 2 long a go put a question up ona seizure my daughter had found out it was not froma fever my nany overdoessed her on meds i need 2 know if that will cuz damage 2 here also i woroy about epilepsy and if it running in my family al ot will she be more likely 2 get them also or not

kimmy9092003

Asked by kimmy9092003 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you should probably ask your daughter's paediatrician.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 11:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• talk to the dr. for sure.

my dd has a siezure disorder - but it isn't epilepsy - there are many different forms and triggers for seizures that only a doctor can diagnose.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i have epilepsy...a good doctor will tell you that there are many causes for seizures and there is no way to diagnose what actually caused hers. If her seizure was after the drug overdose than it is not likely she will develop epilepsy. Doctors will give you what they call one free seizure before they send you in for testing for epilepsy. all a seizure is is a miscommunication in the brain where the electrical signals are not being sent right.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 3:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009