What do you think of your IUD?

I'm considering this option for myself. I have already had one baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• No, it doesn't fall out. I was walking around a store and I had a poking feeling, I thought a hair or something had gotten in (embarrassing I know.) When I got home I reach to pull out what I thought was a hair and the IUD popped out.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 12:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think it's a good method of birth control. I was going to do that but DH was willing to get it fixed. Anyway, talk to your OB who will explain the pros and cons to you.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm going in tomorrow morning to talk with my OB/GYN. I don't know if she'd do it then or schedule another appointment. I just want to know what the public opinion is on them. My best friend is totally against putting even a tampon in so I can't take her opinion seriously. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I got a Minera IUD, I heard it is supposed to be great, less periods and all that. But I expelled mine after three days. If you are getting a pap smear tomorrow I was told, when I got mine, that you have to schedule another appointment. I don't know why.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 12:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm not scheduled for a pap for another 6 months. What do you mean you expelled it? It can't just fall out can it? I've used the nuva ring and I hated how it always fell out during sex, the most important time to be protected!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Get a diaphragm! It is instantly reversible, has no side effects, and does not have a history of PID, strokes, infertility or class action lawsuits.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2009