Birth Control

I have been off the pill for about 8 months and am looking to get back on some form of birth control. The only kind ive ever been on is Ortho and i was wondering if anyone has any recomendations? what about that Seasonique? or The Nuva Ring ive seen on T.V? I do get tired of the everyday pills and would love some suggestions. We have one kid and want to have another but not for at least another year... Thank you :)

marabug06

Asked by marabug06 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Health

• I would say just use condom since you plan to have another one in a year or two. However, you may not fan of condoms, then I would suggest the patch or the Ring.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:15 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I got a Minera IUD, I heard it is supposed to be great, less periods and all that. But I expelled mine after three days. I think the Minera lasts for five years, but you can get it taken out earlier.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 12:18 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i would only use one type of birth control since im so forgetfull and i like the no period idea until i decide to get off my BC that the Depo shot. you go into the clinic once every three months they give you a shot in your arm or your butt and after awhile your periods stop coming, i forgot why but its healthy a couple months afte you decide to get off of it your periods come back regularly.
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Get a diaphragm! It is instantly reversible, has no side effects, and does not have a history of PID, strokes, infertility or class action lawsuits.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2009