Did your parents ever leave you in the car when you were little?

And no bashing myself or anyone who replies to this or I will report you. Everyone is entitled to their own mistakes so before you cast judgement maybe you should own up to your own. SO this is my story. I went to the store and left my one year old and two year old in the car. It was summertime and hot. I left the windows down, etc etc. and ran into the Dollar Store to buy superglue. My children were asleep so I thought well hey I'll just run in and be right back out. Well, the line was long so I had to wait. I was parked in the handicapped zone and could see my children from the line. The person parked next to me called the police. I went to jail. My kids went to foster care. I got them back after getting out of jail but it was the worse thing other than the death of a child a mother could possibly go through. I write this as a warning to other mothers out there, you will go to jail, there aren't any exceptions!

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was thinking about this the other day because a lady here in Texas left her baby in the car all day and didn't realize it...she worked at a school and I guess someone saw the baby before she realized it but it was already dead....not like your situation but I wondered how many of us have done something that could have been tragic or did something when we were in a hurry...we're just human we all make mistakes....I'm sorry that happened to you...thanks for sharing...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Not that I can remember...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yes, i was left in the car as a child. but NEVER at 1 or 2yrs of age.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:15 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Even something as simple as running in to pay for gas and not taking them. If you are reported or a cop sees you, you will go to jail. This is my big mistake and I'm opening up about it in the hopes that someone will read this and learn from it.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I got left in the car all the time. Not when I was quite that small, but I did get left with my younger siblings when they were that small. I don't leave my daughter in the car except to run back into my house to grab her diaper bag once in a while or while I carry in groceries (she's 15 months and walks everywhere and will run out in the street if I leave her in the house with the door open while I go back & forth).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yes I was left in the car as a kid, but since then they have figured out how quickly kids can die in a hot car. Good for the woman who was looking out for your kids. I would have done the same thing. Who needs super glue more than they need to take care of their kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Of course not. We would never done that. I am glad that you've learned your lesson and are willing to share your own personal experience here with us. Hope your kids didn't get any emotional truma because of leaving you and had to go to foster care. It was a difficult and unnecessary lesson to learn but you and kids went through and it's in the past. Wish you and kids are well and have a good life here after.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• This is what I mean't. Your the mother than I blog about. Who thinks that you are ever so perfect. This is my mistake but that doesn't mean that I didn't and/or don't take care of my children. SO like I said, before you bash, take a look at your own self, I'm positive there are mistakes you have and will make. This isn't for you anyways. This is for the REAL mothers who know that they make mistakes. I understand completely if you want to keep emailing me privately about this issue so that you don't get bashed like I obviously will be. I love how the assholes always post anonymous!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yikes!!! no i could NEVER do that!!!!
    im glad u learned ur lesson though. you admitted it was hot out, and that was stupid. i would be worrying all the time! how long were u in jail?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• And HECK YA im not perfect either.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2009