Do you think I was wrong for telling another kid to leave my kid alone?

So three kids threatened to kick my daughters butt on the way home from the bus stop. All afternoon these other kids knocked on my door walked past my house making rude comments about my daughter and just made life miserable. Their mother is a known trouble maker in our neighborhood and doesn't really watch over her kids to begin with. Well after getting tired of everything I told the girls to stop or I would call the cops. The mother later confronted me in front of the entire neighborhood because I said something to her kids. She said if I had a problem with her kids that I was to come to her and not say something to them. She created a big scene I walked inside and called the police. What would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would have done the same thing. I would not put up with their crap.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:25 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Same as you. Don't worry about the scene in front of your neighbors. If she is as bad as you say, they know she is in the wrong on this one, so don't worry they are thinking ill of you.
    I would have told them first to knock it off then I would have called the cops. The mom sounds like a nut, I wouldn't have called her either.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would have added to calling the police the next school morning very early be in the guidance counsellor's office and tell them what happened so they can be on the lookout for trouble. If she's in any of their gym classes where she's in a part of a locker room away from gym teacher's eyes - get her out of that class and into a safer class.

Make sure these kids know someone has dd back between you and guidance counsellor. Give them a copy of the police report.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would do the same thing you did also.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Same thing and I have done it, I even lost a friend over it, I asked her multiple times to talk to her child and she refused, she says she doesnt have time because she has too many kids, sorry not my problem so yes i said something to her son and she hasnt talked to me since. The way i see it if you cant control your child then i dont want you around me.

I have been know to go to the school, and talk to the teacher or principal. I am just that kind of mom you dont mess with my child. If i ever catch or hear of my children doing something like that there will be hell to pay.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It's tough being a kid today.  Make a police report. Talk to her school counselor and the principal, to make them aware of the problem. Maybe the school has some kind on intervention program. Assuming they go to the same school. On the flip side maybe your daughter can get the main girl and whoop her ass.(just a little humor, because i know you really want her to whoop that ass.) But in reality we all ready know thats not the way to go. But make the reports.embarrassed

sunie101

Answer by sunie101 at 4:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm not sure if you did the "right" thing. Your daughter is going to have to figure out how to deal with it. Why are they trying to beat her up? Can she somehow deal with that?

I hate to say it but kids can be vicious! I think that you should prepar your daughter for potential bullying at school. It's very possible that these kid could spread it around at school that your daught is a nark, or a cop caller or some sort of crap and get your daughter picked on at school by other kids. It really depends on the kids and who's side they'll take.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i would have brought the phone out side and called the cops with her standing there watching me
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009