What would you have done??

My husband and I took our kids to the park last night and my 4 yo son was playing with another little boy about the same age the entire time we were there. This little boy even followed us to another part of the park and was with us there for about 20 minutes. I didn't see anyone wathing him or checkin in with him. I asked him where are your parents and he just gave me a blank stare. Finally I told my husband to go ask him where his parents are because it was getting dark and I didn't want to leave without knowing he was there with someone. He said that his mommy was at work and his daddy was at home down the street. So I stayed there and watched the kids and my husband went to a fire station across the street to notify them there was a little boy at the park with no parents. They came right away and found out that the boy did have a guardian there. His grandpa was sitting on a bench not even paying attention to him. WTH??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have done that too. That is scary.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:26 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• CONTINUED I mean seriously we were there for like an hour and a half and couldn't even tell if he had parents there. People need to keep a better eye on their kids!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yeah they do. Lots of people don't care though.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Why wouldn't he say his grandpa was with him? That's odd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• This has happened to us a few times at the park. Mom is lying under a tree reading a book and her kids follow us around! Grrr Drives me nuts! Watch your own damn kids! I tell them "go find your mom". lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Whatever... I watched my daughter cavort for an hour and a half at the park with everyone running circles around me and you know? It's funny how damn snobby people can be at a fricken park of all places.

The thing about this story that's odd is how the kid *curiously* left out dear old gramps and of course you all fell right for it, Ugh old man didn't 'claim him'. Kids are devious, get with it people.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 2:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• {cont.} Yeah I'm not a fan of hovering all over my kids every second anymore... moms act like you're a rapist if you play with your kid and theirs want to join in too.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 2:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2009