how can i help my 5 year old with bed wetting

mommy2ak47

Asked by mommy2ak47 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get him up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My 5yo just wears goodnites at night. He sleeps really hard and pees at night several times per week. I am not going to pressure him, I am just going to wait for him to grow out of it like I had to.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 1:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree that not pressuring him is a good idea. You can try getting him up in the middle of the night, I know for me we would get my son up, he would go and still wet the bed. He was such a heavy sleeper.

If it is something that happens every night and you find that he is going to the bathroom a lot during the day then I would talk to the DR. with my son he needed to have surgery to widen the opening at the tip of his penis. I am not saying that something is wrong or that you child might need that. Sometimes talking to the DR can eliminate some stress.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my 5 1/2 some times has accidents, I remind her that we get up and go to the bathroom at night. I've also stopped her from drinking at a certain time before bed and make sure she goes to the bathroom before bedtime.

If your child pees in the bed all the time, speak with your child's doctor. something can be wrong. If it's an accident once and a while, it's ok. Some children have problems.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009