Too far to travel for my son's birthday?

I am planning my son's second birthday party. My husband and I live 3 and 4 hours away from our families (son's grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc). We do go down and visit everyone as often as possible (once every month or two) and they do not come up to visit us. Because my son is getting more and more difficult to travel with and I will be 7 months preg. at the time of his party, we were thinking of inviting everyone up here to celebrate with us. Is this selfish, or reasonable. **We do not expect everyone to come- but we are going to invite everyone**

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no, its his party it is supposed to focus on him and his feelings not theirs!! Have his party at or near your house, you dont need any more stress!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I dont think so. My dds grandparents came to idaho from colorado and utah for her bday party! If they cant make it then they could at least send a gift or card! But considering the circumstances I dont see a problem with it at all!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• No they should come up yea there maybe 1 or 2 who simply cant afford it but for the others if they care they will make the effort to come up there and for those who cant afford it but really want to come maybe you could offer a little gas money or something gl happy b'day to your LO and congratulations on your pregnancy

Tessie08

Answer by Tessie08 at 1:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Absolutely NOT unreasonable. I would celebrate my son's birthday in his own home personally, not 3-4 hours away. If they choose not to come, then that's too bad, but I think you should stay home and host a party!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• We are staying at our house for my son's party. People are traveling and those that can't we completly understand. It is about your son, not your family. Have fun and Happy Birthday to your little one!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009