is it safe to travel by air during 4th or 5th month of pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are lot of factors to consider so I would suggest you to ask your OB/GYN.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yes it is considered safe to fly as long as you do not have any complications with the pregnancy. I flew from Denver to London when I was 4.5 months pregnant with my first. That was a couple of LONG flights. My doc gave the go ahead.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Check with your dr, and then ask if the airline has any special policies on pregnant passengers. I was told by my midwife that she'd becomfortable with me flying until about 7 1/2 months, since I didn't have any complications or anything, but we ended up not travelling anyway so I never called AirTran.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• As long as you don't have complications. Been there done that. IIsmile**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If you're not high risk, it's generally considered safe up until 34ish weeks of gestation. You may need a written note from your doctor/midwife though if you're larger than normal or look further along than you actually are. Airlines gotta cover their butts, ya know. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It is relatively safe if you are going on a short trip. Keep in mind that there is always a strong likelihood for delays so you may want to be extra prepared. You more than likely know what your limits are, but travel is basically safe for you at this point, especially if it is absolutely necessary. I traveled at the end of 7months (looking like 9 months) from Morocco to New York which was more than 6 - 8 hours and had a wonderful flight and was treated like a queen. I did lie about my due date because I was returning home after living in the Middle East. I had a doctor's note advising that travel was safe for me, but no one ever asked me for it.
    RosaRosa

Answer by RosaRosa at 7:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i flew from USA to germany at 7 months. and then from germany to USA at 7.5 months. i talked to my midwife about it first. took a 32 oz water bottle to fill at the back, walked around a lot (back and forth to the bathroom), and wore stockings. it was AWFUL to be in a plane for 10+ hours at 7 months pregnant but definitely ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009