How can I get my kids to sleep through the night and get potty trained?

My twins are almost 3 and neither one of them will sleep through the night. I don't get much rest b/c of this. I can also use tips on potty training them because diapers are really expensive and they need to be potty trained. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

babydoll_9231

Asked by babydoll_9231 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i heard that by three they just get it.. try a timer every 20 min place them on the potty exausting but in a few days should get it... as or sleeping thry the night make sure the are full also try warm milk
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• IMO, you can't do anything about it until they grow up a bit and are really ready. My 4 year old still wakes up once or twice a night a few times a week. They will grow out of it, but in the mean time, you'll need to just re-frame the situation and look at it differently. It might have seemed like forever til they learned to walk or talk, but looking back it went fast, right? Same thing with using the potty. They will get it when they are ready. If they show interest, start them in cloth training pants to save some money. If you push them before they are ready, you'll just be setting yourself and the kids up for frustration and disappointment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You might try reading the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers by Elizabeth Pantley. It helps identify specific problems that might be causing your twins to wake up and how to address them. Your library might even have a copy. I found it to be helpful. In general, the waking up at night isn't as much the issue as their ability to resettle themselves without help.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2009