Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nuva ring

So I just put mine in, I'm wondering what to expect, good and bad. I wanted the patch but I'm too fat ;p good and bad, I just want to know :] I did well on ortho tri cyclin, not so good on yaz and good on yasmin

 
pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 1:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Health

Level 18 (6,127 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I loved the Nuvaring, too. I have too much going on to remember pills everyday! My drs comment when I asked him about sex was "80% of guys won't feel it at all, the other 20% will be so happy to be where they are they won't care!" He's pretty funny! My dh said he could feel it, but it's soft and flexible - it didn't hurt him at all. It did occasionally come out during sex, I would just put it back in - no need to clean it, it was just fluids from me and dh. I never experienced any infections - not sure why you would.
    missanc

    Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • I used to use it and I really liked it. If you bring it home before you need to use it, it needs to be refridgerated. So sometimes it's kinda cold when you put it in. If you can feel it then excuse yourself and adjust it. That should rarely happen though. Sometimes it can fall out during sex but the meds will still be in you so don't worry, just clean and put it back in when you are done.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • when i had the ring i loved it at first but i had to take it out when i wanted sex b/c he could feel it and it hurt to have it in at that time but i eventually developed a infection from taking it out all the time so i quit using it...some people dont have to take it out if u r one who has to make sure u rinse it off really good and dont leave it out for more than 3 hrs b/c after 3 hrs its no good
    rainmommy

    Answer by rainmommy at 1:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • When I was on BC, NuvaRing was my favorite. I loved it. It made my period regular, I could set a watch to it. When I took it out, 3 days later it would arrive. I miss that. I had to stop using it b/c my doc felt it was the cause of my migraines. I didn't experience any major side effects, compared to any other BC. The thing I miss the most is not having to take a pill everyday.
    geminigirl18

    Answer by geminigirl18 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • thanks ladies! rainmommy, im very prone to infections! this makes me a bit scared! my husband and i hardly ever have sex but we do occasionaly... did you have sex a lot? im not bashing you can PM me if you feel more comfortable i just want to know since i get them a lot anyway :]
    pookipoo

    Answer by pookipoo at 1:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • I loved the NuvaRing. It was preferred choice of BC. I'm the type to forget about pills, and didn't like the patch that much. Too bad my insurance doesn't cover it. I never took it out either, within those 3 weeks. DH said he never felt it.
    ap9902

    Answer by ap9902 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • gave my friend migraines

    i'm not savvy to strange items in my vagina- so i've never used it.

    snappy commercial though.
    staciandababy

    Answer by staciandababy at 11:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • I love the nuva ring, I never had any problems other than it sometimes hurt to put it in and take it out, but other than that I loved it. I always knew exactly when I would start my period
    mommyBrooke849

    Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN