ughh..

so im a day shy of 36 weeks, having LOTS of BH contractions, painless but uncomfortable until i walk then they become VERY painful to the point where i can barely walk..i have a dull back ache near my tail bone and sometimes a crampy feeling there like i have my period (also in my tummy too)..loose stools but no diarrhea..ive been so moody..lots of nesting and then today exhausted..this has all been going on for about 3 days now..well today i noticed that sometimes when i get up to walk i have tons of thigh, lower stomach and groin pain..not constant, only for a minute or two and then it goes away..
i know the last month is uncomfortable and painful but is it supposed to be like this? sometimes i honestly think im in labor..but i dont want to go to L&D and it be a false alarm..i go to the doctor tomorrow (friday) and i will talk to her..i just want to see what others think..sound like labor coming on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That sounds a lot like my 41st and 42nd weeks of pregnancy. Fun, isn't it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• fun? omg no lol..i just want to crawl in a hole and die! my doctor told me she thinks ill go early and i might be farther along..so im wondering if i am actually in early labor now and ready to go very soon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It doesn't sound like *labor* to me, but maybe just the body gradually preparing.
    You might have the hormone Relaxin doing it's job to loosen you up for birth~ which can cause walking/the pelvis to hurt! :-(
    Maybe some sciatic nerve pain, round ligament pain, perhaps baby's position is causing some pain...
    Stay hydrated, too, so that you won't have unnecessary pain from dehydration contractions, too.

Taking care of yourself IS a FULL-TIME job!!!!
    Good luck, mama!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Usually, women "ramp up" for a bit pre-laboring. When it's starts to get really close there are some other things women tend to notice~ mainly contractions (increasing intensity & frequency).

And no~ not really "fun," but if you need help, maybe some acupressure, massage, chiropractic, swimming, yoga, etc. can help.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Of course, I meant "fun" and not fun, lol. Sorry it sucks so bad, but unless your water breaks or you have regular hard contractions, it's probably not worth a trip to L&D.
    Try prenatal yoga to relieve stress, drink lots of water, and see about visiting a chiropractor for the back & hip pain. My midwife recommended those things, and they helped a little. My real labor ended up being only 3 hours, so all the prep work was done way in advance, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Sounds like the past 4 weeks of my pregnancy. I'm 38 weeks pregnant right now with our 4th and with these past two pregnancies have had contractions for WEEKS before giving birth. On the upside, you should be plenty dilated and effaced when the time does come! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• When you get those bh contractions get in the shower and make it as hot as you can possibly stand. Then if it gets worse they are real contractions at that point go to the hospital
    mrs.tippins915

Answer by mrs.tippins915 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 3, 2009