Now What? (Potty Training)

So my 2 year old dd was doing pretty well with potty training. We werent pushing it just letting her go when she asked to and wear panties when she asked. Well I was in Utah last week taking our 6 mo dd to a dr. My inlaws offered to watch my 2 yr old. I come to pick her up, only to find out that her 16 yr old aunt left her alone on the big potty and she fell in! She is now terrified of the potty and I am at a loss of what to do! She is even afraid of her little potty. I don't want to push her and traumatize her more so I am just wondering what other moms would do in this situation? My in laws will never ever babysit again crap like this has happened before and I am soo sick of it!

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe just let it go until your dd is willing to try again. You might be back to square one, with just sitting on the little potty while still wearing a diaper, but when she is really ready, she will overcome this. Talk to her about what scared her and just reassure her, then praise her for when she goes or tries to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my dd did this idk y but not because of a fall in a potty but she was potting all the time and was almost completely trained then all the sudden decided she didn't want to go potty anymore and wouldn't for 2-3 weeks she is starting to potty again but we started back at square one just give her time when she is ready she will start back if not you may need to ask her pediatrician gl and sorry about your in-laws

Tessie08

Answer by Tessie08 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Ok truly she is still fairly young I guess. Thank you ladies!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009