stranger slapps child in walmart

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. Police say a 61-year-old man annoyed with a crying 2-year-old girl at a suburban Atlanta Walmart slapped the child several times after warning the toddler's mother to keep her quiet.A police report says after the stranger hit the girl at least four times, he said: "See, I told you I would shut her up."Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain is charged with felony cruelty to children. It was unclear if he had an attorney and a telephone call to his home Wednesday was unanswered.Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping Monday when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, "If you don't shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you."Authorities say Stephens then grabbed the 2-year-old and slapped her. The child began screaming and Stephens was arrested.

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• this was posted here today already.
    in the search part of this Q&A look for "what would you have done?" or would you have killed him? /
    or soemthing like that.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• it was popular. you can search back in the popular section too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• wow!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• if that was my baby he wouldnt have hit my child 4 times
    60 or not i would have dropped him...lol but i have a shorter fuse than most
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• He must have had a killer headache... leave it to a man to resort to abuse rather than move away fom the source of irritation.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 1:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• that is so uncalled for, I would have kicked his 60 y/o wrinkled A$$
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would have tackled that old stupid bastard, and told him to STFU. UGH... Grumpy a$$ old people!!!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 2:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i would have knocked his ass out when he told me id better shut her up. screw that think its like a 87 dollor fine dont matter if i hit him once of 100 times=). then he would be the one crying
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• wow hope he's found quilty. Totally uncalled for.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Hey, I hate screaming kids too, but they don't get hit for it, and if someone else hit my kid, he'd be picking his teeth out of the roof of his mouth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Sep. 4, 2009