Is there any one else out there with untraditional jobs?

I'm currently a stay at home mom but I'm a trained auto body tech. I would like to meet some one else who knows how it feels to work in a "mans" field of work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Though not the same as you I do work in a traditionally male dominated field - I am a college instructor and it is very hard to get ahead as a female professor - most never make it up the tenure ladder and end up stuck as an Associate Professor. You also get a lot of questions about your work and have to work twice as hard to prove your ideas are valid.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 2:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I was a damage auditor, basically my job was to inspect/assess vehicles when they were being returned from a lease return (or car rental place), or if a customer wrecked it, etc. I was to assess damage before the dealership or anyone else touched the unit. (But got laid off).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Security office worked gov planes for a while was the only female and even now i have only meet one other female and she quit after 4 months, defently a male dominated field, but so I love the job so it works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Um, I'm a radiation chemist. Does that count?
    Groovy-flor

Answer by Groovy-flor at 10:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't work at home but i do work in a mans field. I do security and I love it. Bosses are so careful not to say the wrong things.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I work from home also, lots of options. Check out the company I use http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009