Has anyone had difficulties gaining weight during pregnancy?

I am just about 35 weeks pregnant, and I have yet to gain any weight. I am still currently 31 lbs less then I was when I first found out. Given I am not a petite girl, and I imagine some of this weight loss is healthy, however, I am worried the baby might be small or lacking everything it needs at this point if I keep losing. I may just need reassurance, so Im hoping someone else has been in this position before.

NicoleL15019

Asked by NicoleL15019 at 3:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you are the ucky one then lol if the baby is fine i wouldnt worry hunni, my god i am only 15 weeks tomorrow and i dont even want to no how much weight i have put on , put it this way before i was pregnant i was in a size 10-12 clthes and now i am in 16-18 or 18-20 depends on were i shop and this just isnt because of my bump , my legs and my bum are huge lol so just think how lucky you are , im really gonna struggle getting rid of my weight when baby comes lol good luck xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 6:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Hm..im 24 weeks and have only gained 2 lbs. So, i sorta know. I was worryin' actually last night about that. I have an apt today and im going to discuss it with my midwife. I think if there was developmental problems then your doctors would have said something to you. Some women are diffrent though. The doctors will determine how much weight you need to gain by what size you are before pregnancy. If they feel there is or was something wrong they would of let you know instead of letting you go this far into your pregnancy.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I never gained any weight. it looked like I had a basket ball under my shirt. it all depends on your life style. how you eat & exersice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• & yes my baby was slightly underweight. but wasn't unhealthy. she's 20 now and perfectly fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2009