Can I give my 6 month old raspberries?

She doesn't have any teeth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wanna say no because of the seeds. They might upset her stomache.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 5:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree with Gigi on the seeds comment
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 5:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• no! a few berries are safe now, such as the type foun in actualy babay fiid, bur trhats all

csll his pedeatricin ro find out

Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:19 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think you should talk to your child's pediatrician before you give your child any 'adult' food. I would think that raspberries would be a bit hard for your child to eat since the berries have seeds. It would also be a concern due to your child being so young and not having teeth and able to 'chew' foods yet.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:26 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You can, but I personally would not. I would worry about allergies. Call you pedi to see what foods are safe for her right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would suggest no for a different reason: they're very acidic, and can cause diarrhea in a kid that young. Next summer, feed all the raspberries you want.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• For the allergy prone baby, it is recommended not to give raspberries or any other seeded fruit prior to 12 months. As for mangoes, they are usually OK after 6 months. In fact Mango, when pureed is an excellent source of vitamin A, C and D for your baby. It is by the way also antiviral. Just be aware and only serve your baby 1-2 servings of new food per day for a short duration. If allergic, stop feeding your baby the food causing the reaction. You can always call your pediatrician and ask if you're stil unsure.

--previous information is from Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. Personally, I think a lot of what's in her book is overprotective, but some of it is good information. Because my son is not allergy prone we have given him all types of berries - raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc. But he's my 4th child and I'm a lot more lax with him than I was with my 1st! I would call your ped and follow his advice.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• The doctors say "no" I dont think it wont hurt...but look out for allergic reactions like red butt. Just a few to try it out.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:33 AM on Sep. 4, 2009