President Obama’s Address to Students Across America September 8, 2009

Here is the material sent to the teachers.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301/President-Obama%E2%80%99s-Address-to-Students-Across-America-September-8-2009

Does this help you? I hope you can get a clearer picture of what the speech is about! Best of luck ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The one thing that really stood out was this
    After Speech
    Teachers could ask students to share ideas they recorded, exchange sticky notes and post them on a butcher board to discuss main ideas from the speech, i.e. Citizenship, personal responsibility, civic duty.

This to me doesn't sound like your everyday Stay in school don't do drug speech.
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree, its soft indoctrination.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I have no problem with him addressing the nation, the school children etc. And, as a teacher myself, I try to get my students to watch ALL presidental addresses of ANY president. It's important the kids know what their leaders are saying, but for the WH to provide "activities" or "worksheets" to the teachers is outrageous. First of all, it's insulting to the teachers. Do they think we don't know how to handle a post-presidental speech lesson plan? Do they know my students better than we do? Or are they afraid we will send "the wrong message" or not brainwash them enough? I want my students to think for themselves, not be indoctrinated. Second, this is the first step to "controling" our curriculum. I can't believe he's doing this.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 7:12 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well lets hope he can speak in terms that little children will be able to comprehend and make is entertaining enough to not bore them to death to where they don't get anything out of it. Hopefully he is getting some advice from a child psychologist when it comes to how long their attention span is. I think this should be broadcasted on television for the parents to watch and I'm sorry but he is taking this way to far. Thank GOD my child is only 7months old and won't have to listen to this man.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Kids freak out when the president is on every channel, especially if their parents won't let them change it. They aren't going to like it any better if the tv's at school instead of the living room.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My kids eyes glaze over and they beg me to change the channel anytime Obama gives a speech. I doubt this will be any different.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• So shocking (sarcasm) the man wants to be dictator
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I just spoke to my school board office and my school district WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING because it is not the schools job to indoctrinate politics or religion in our students.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm glad my kids are 2 & 1 and will be/are home schooled. I DO feel sad for the public school children. =( I hope most parents keep their kids home that day.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• This is so arrogant and outrageous. So much so that my hubby who isn't political in the least bit and truly resigns himself to this whole "political not what you know-who you pay mess" told me today - sternly - that our son will NOT be going to school on the 8th! He is pissed, and if this is coming from someone who could care less.....Bush - Obama.....he just doesn't get involved, says a ton to me! He isn't about having ANYONE indoctrinating HIS children!! He don't care who the hell you are OR what subject you are trying to indoctrinate! Our children can't pray in school, yet this......this POTUS is a Hitler wannabe! OH, remember all of us trying to tell his supporters the importance of Bill Ayers, well well now, look whose philosophy he is emulating!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2009