Do you believe in Soulmates?

I'm asking this, because I truly believe I have found my soulmate. I feel like I have known him my entire life, we were meant to be. Sadly, I will never be able to be with him, but I believe in my next life, I will find him again.
So my dear Ladies...
Do you believe in Soul Mates? If so, why and have you found him? If not, why not?

IheartDraco

Asked by IheartDraco at 6:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am married to my soulmate. I know this because we met in 1983 in my front yard, he was looking for my brother then. I used to hang around with him and my brother, I graduated from high school, married another man, and moved out of state. When I came back here to visit my family, he was where ever I was, McDonald's, Wal-Mart, the traffic light, etc. That went on for 5 years. When I left my 1st hubby and moved back to my family, I ran into him again, found that he had divorced his wife, and we have been together and happily married now for 15 years.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• wow, kustom your story is so cool. I'm married to a man whom I love with all my heart and have completely put all I have into my marriage. It has not been an easy, happy marriage, but we have not divorced I believe cause I truely love him. However, a man who is one of my best friends, has always had a piece of my heart and probably always will. We can talk about anything, he has always been there for me. I don't talk to him much cause there is a strong pull that feels it pulls us together and neither one of us want for him to be the reason things don't work with my husband. So he backs of and I do also. We feel if we are truely meant to be together maybe someday we will and if not well sometimes life is crazy that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• To me, a soulmate is someone who completes you on every level and yes I do believe in them.  I found mine while I was on vacation in England.  I was meeting my paternal family for the first time and he was my cousin's best friend.  After a 10 month love affair by snail mail I moved to England and two years later we were married.  It's been 21 years and we're still nauseatingly sweet together.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• In the sense you are talking about, no, I don't. I believe in kindred spirits. Other people that our soul recognise's as past friends and/or loved ones. So, I believe that me and my dh of 7 years are more kindred spirits, then soulmates.

As for soulmates in a spiritual sens, yes I do believe in them. However, I believe it is rare for two soulmates to come to earth at the same time and even more rare for them to find each other. So, it is almost impossible to find your spiritual soulmate until you go back home.

-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I believe that you can find a near perfect mate. I use the term soulmate to describe my husband but I don't believe in the literal definition of it. I don't believe in fate or even souls so I don't think that we were "meant" to be together. I think that we were just very lucky that we found each other considering how perfect we are for each other. Soulmate just happens to be an easy term that everyone understands and identifies with so I use it.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OH YES, I HAVE MINE! 38 YEARS AGO I MARRIED HIM, WE COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER AND FINISH EACH OTHERS SENTENCE, HAVE ESP, WE CONNECT WITHOUT TALKING, AND WE ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR EACH OTHER IN THE MOST STRESSFUL OF TIMES.
    FUNNY THING IS THAT WHEN I MARRIED HIM, I WASN'T "IN LOVE" THERE WAS AN ATTRACTION A CHEMISTRY, BUT MY INTUITION TOLD ME THIS WAS THE MAN FOR ME, AS THE YEARS WENT BY HE WON MY HEART AND SOUL AS I HAD EXPECTED, AND WHAT MOST THOUGHT AS A MISTAKE ON MY PART TURNED OUT TO BE THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yes I do. Don't despair you have more than one out there. You never know how things will work out. You've found one of yours, but maybe not the one you need for this life's lesson. There are no coincidences. Everyone you know, you know for a reason. They are a part of your soul's purpose here. Good luck and who knows things may twist in your favor. Two words you shouldn't use are Never and Always.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh and since I saw your screenname, Draco is cute, but too young for me. I heart Snape. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yep, I beleive, and I have found mine...... I had the worst luck when it came to picking out someone, if there was a bad guy I would pick him out a mile away....... I met my SO when I was dating someone else and after a yr of talking we realized we would make the best couple and here we are. We know everything, talk about everything, finish each others sentences, say exactly the same thing at the same time, we hardly ever argue and if we do its over nothing important, I couldnt have asked for a better person to spend my forever with.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 8:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• the phrase is a bit old and overused i must say. soulmates is just a phrase that caught on quickly and people needed that warm fuzzy feeling. when it comes to soulmates in a relationship i say bullpuckey, no such thing. Love the one you're with, ya know?
    But on a more serious note, if you are familar with where the phrase was first initiated, I do believe that souls know each other. Not that they are mated, or conjoined, but that souls can know each other without the human realizing it. Kinda like deja vu, or the feeling of being reincarnated when you meet someone new. It's kinda complex and too long to explain here, but I do feel if you want to know what I think on the subject, Yes, there are souls who are attracted to each other and seek each other out on Earth and have known each other elsewhere. But for a regular person to claim another person they like as a soulmate-No such thing.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2009