My 4 year old always complains of her tummy hurting her right below her belly button anyone know what could be wrong??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It could be bloating...do you notice if theres something that she eats on the days that it hurts that may be triggering it? I'd start a food journal to track what she eats and see if there's a connection between food and the hurt.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• also she could be constipated? or it could be gas bubbles...sometimes kids can have trouble differentiating pain from gas...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Bladder infection?? Thats where I feel my pain.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OP----she has been complaining of this problem for 8 months now last time she went to doc i told him he didn't say nothing about it she poops at least 2 times a day the only thing she drinks is water milk and sometimes juice she eats really well vegs and fruit not so much meat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• hmmm maybe a dairy intolerance? cut back on the dairy and see if it makes a diff...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• does she hae a fever? it could be appendicitis
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My 11 yr old struggles with chronic stomach pain in the same place and she is mildly constipated. Dairy products make her stomach hurt instantly. Just because she poops and poops regularly doesnt mean shes NOT constipated. It could still be a bit hard but not enough for her to not go. Keep tabs on what consistency her poop is (I know thats gross) and watch for it being dark or lumpy. Sometimes juice can make this worse and sometimes dairy can make it worse. Try cutting out something and see if it gets better, if not then cut out something else. Keep trying until you find the cause and make the doctor take you seriously. We never could find anything medically wrong with my dd, until the dairy connection.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009