Do you have immature in-laws?

I do! My MIL just loves sticking her nose in mine and my husband's personal issues. For example, we got into a huge fight on Monday and the 1st thing he always does is call mommy & gets her involved, and now we resolved our issues on our own, yesterday I texted her to ask her what our neice's size is so I could buy her a cute shirt at Target and she says, "Don't know, text Sam" (my SIL). But I know she knows because she just had custody of our neice for months and just gave her back like a month ago! But I did text SIL and got nothing from her either. I basically said F the shirt then, why bother?

Yea, my husband shouldn't be calling his damn mom but she should say "None of my business" too. My mom gives us advice but lives by "Your marriage, you work on it" motto.

Sorry, just had to vent! And to make it worse, her fat ass sits on our bank account and tells me how to spend my money. OK, I'm done complaining now..

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel for you, my MIL is like that. But in our case my husband doesn't want anymore to do with her then I do. She had the two older boys with one guy, my DH and his middle brother, she remarried and they had one together. The stepdad is great, his real dad isn't in the picture at all. The funny part is that her 'favorite' son is his younger brother...the middle one. Who could basically give a s**t less, but she still makes all sorts of excuses for him.

It also doesn't help that she has the emotional maturity of a 13 yr old. She doesn't even make bitch status in my book...whiny snot is more like it. You know the type...the world revolves around her. No one else is allowed to have a crappy day, no one else is even to feel sick. We had to live there for over 2 yrs, even though most of the time we don't a lot of money for stuff, just being out of that house was worth it.

daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• No mother is going to turn her kid away when he asks for help. Your husband is the problem because he's exploiting that and letting you blame his mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• as long as you and your husband continue to inform her of your problems and include her in them she will be there and accounted for. you cant blame her for being nosey when she is finding things out that you two tell her.
    stop feeding the monster in law so she wont get any bigger in your life. this relationship is a two way street, she is feeding some sort of need that the two of you have or you would not let this continue. especially with the DH continually calling her with your business. that's just a recipe for disaster.
    your never going to be able to control your MIL or your DH's actions, i suggest you get a bigger grip on your own and objectively view what actions of your own you can stop that are contributing to the destructiveness going on here.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• "No mother is going to turn her kid away when he asks for help. Your husband is the problem because he's exploiting that and letting you blame his mother. "

Agreed. Your dh is the immature one. Your ils would not have anything to say if your DH did not violate your marital privacy.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2009