this is weird!

okay i have heard of babies that cry when their mommies leave the room, but what about crying when they return? mine is constantly wanting me to hold her and love on her which is great. but if i leave and she doesn't notice i'm gone she's fine, but as soon as she notices i'm there she'll flip, crawl to me and sit at my feet and shreik til i hold her. yesterday she sat on the other side of a glass door and screamed because she could see me but couldn't get out to me. if i walk into the kitchen or something she'll follow me screaming and sit and watch me all while crying til i pick her up. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Seperation anxiety. Just went through that...well still kinda.
    So to put in other words...this shall pass.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yup normal...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son does this - if he doesn't notice I left the room for a moment, I try to sneak back in too. He follows me all around the house, like I have a shadow - i love it, i never have to wonder where he is, he's right there! But I have started playing peekaboo with him around the to corner of the living room which seems to be helping - I'll go around the corner where he can't see me and then peek back in with a "Boo," and he thinks it's the funniest thing. He ends up laughing instead of crying when he can't see me. And it is reaffirming to him that even though I may go, I'll always come back.

Answer by missanc at 9:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• oh yeah normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Yup my LO is fine with anyone but if I enter the room he gets upset until I take him!
    morrisonkm9

Answer by morrisonkm9 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2009