Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you use to treat a urinary tract infection? Monistat?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Antibiotics and cranberry supplement pills, lots of water...
    Monistat is for YEAST infections

    Answer by Jademom07 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • Also, 1 teasp. Apple cider vinger in a small amount of water and drinks and chase it with more water. It really helps.Not pleasant but it does work
    But, If you don't like that ,then, try, plain yogurt to eat each day. You can mix it with fruit. Taste is better than the first suggestion

    Answer by tncwoman at 8:49 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • AZO standards.. they are over the counter. they turn ur P orange but they do help you a lot and they are worth it.. u need a lot of cranberry juice and water to wash it out..

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • Cranberry juice in excess amounts will do more harm than good as it still has natural sugar which will cause a UTI...use the cranberry pills like PP states

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • I had one and was told the same thing Jade's mom is saying.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN