UTI's and TTC?

First off there are WAAAAY to many acronyms out there. Here is my question. If I am TTC what are my options to avoid UTI's? I am prone to them anyway. In the past I would just use the restroom after the act, but if I do that now, everything comes out (I apologize for that graphic thought) therefore, becoming useless. We both shower daily and clean with baby wipes prior, but I still keep getting UTI's. Any help?

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 9:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Cranberry juice works wonders; if you don't like the taste, some mix (cran-grape, cran-apple, etc.) works just as well. And keep yourself hydrated. And it's best to empty your bladder before sex instead of after (actually, both before and after is preferred, but if you can only do one or the other, before is better anyway).

And you can get pregnant without lying on your back with your hips up for an hour (or however long) after the act; I got pregnant with my second standing up, and I used the bathroom immediately afterward. What leaks out doesn't have much sperm in it, it's just the "filler"; any sperm that makes it in will most likely stay there when you get up. Besides which, what does leak out is just a small fraction of the semen produced anyway, so even if there was a lot of sperm in it, there's not enough compared with what stays in to make much of a difference.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You may have a tilted bladder that doesn't drain properly thus causing the infections. Sorry that is what my sister has and she gets them all the time. Drink an excessive amount of water, to help keep it flushed and cranberry juice, that is supposed to have some ensyme that helps.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:15 AM on Sep. 3, 2009