Majority of Americans do not want to reform healthcare via 'obamacare'?? CNN ..

CNN/Opinion Research Poll – August 28-31, 2009 – Health Care

Posted: September 2nd, 2009 07:00 AM ET

From CNN's Polling Unit

A majority of all Americans want Congress to continue work on the health care bills passed by committees before the August recess rather than starting from scratch or halting all work on the issue. But only a quarter want those bills passed into law with relatively few changes. Only one in five say that their families would be better off under Obama's health care plan and most say their health care bills would increase if those proposals became law. Nearly half of all senior citizens believe that Medicare recipients would be worse off under Obama's proposals. But most Americans also recognize the need for some changes — two-thirds think that problems facing the health care system will eventually affect all Americans if they are not addressed

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So what's your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Full results (pdf)

Sooo what are your thoughts? My main one is WHY if the majority do not want this are most of the dems trying to cram it down our throats anyway?

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My thoughts are exactly like the majority in this article. I am all for reform that is good for the people, but I don't like the vague wording in the Obamacare / Kennedy reform bill. I doubt if Republicans were trying to pass something similar that the left would allow this to carry on as long as it has.

The 'why' is pretty clear in my mind. It's an agenda to control something important to the entire population. If they can control health care, then they can control the people (much like if they control food). It dangerous to play with health care with all of the loose language in the bill. I think if most people realize that there is a very good probability that Republicans will be at the helm again in the future, do they want Republicans in charge of their health care decisions? Personally, I don't like the thought of ANY government being involved in my health care.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Because The Dem's want to win for the sake of having the upper hand to say...I won get over it, weather or not it is good for the country or not.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It doesn't matter what the American People want, it's about government control. Obama thinks Americans are a bunch of idiots who need Big Daddy Obama to take care of them and tell them what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree with Quinn.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It's his ticket for re-election. If it passes he will use it as his platform for 2012 and use scare tactics to say that a Republican or Independent President will threaten the implementation of the reform and that to successfully implement it the people will have to ensure that a Democrat be in office when it begins.  The fact that he will have massive control over the people is just the cherry on top for him.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well said quinn..spot on it is all about control just as the crap and trash bill as well.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It's his ticket for re-election. If it passes he will use it as his platform for 2012 and use scare tactics to say that a Republican or Independent President will threaten the implementation of the reform and that to successfully implement it the people will have to ensure that a Democrat be in office when it begins.

If it passes it's probably his best chance to lose the election. It's hard to get relected when everyone has less money than they did when you were elected and it's mainly your fault.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh, I agree NotPanicking, but he has stated that Americans have a very short attention span. Don't get me wrong, he has a lot riding on it. I think the tanking poll numbers and the fact that many representatives that are on his side of the aisle aren't supporting him may make him waffle on the current bill in it's current state. What I am betting will probably happen is that he will call the blue dogs in to a 'private meeting' (you know, because he is so transparent), and they will have discussions to make it look like he is pushing them to toe the party line. But really behind the scenes he will not push them hard and they will not vote for it because they can't afford it. That, or he will have the senate soften the bill up so much that nobody is happy with it and it virtually does nothing. Isn't that the government way? Doing nothing for lots of money?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 3, 2009