Congressman Mike Rogers opening statement on healthcare reform. Do you agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44NCvNDLfc

I really couldn't have said this better. Glad to know someone is fighting for the working middle class.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw this a couple days ago, someone sent it to me along with the letter a attorney wrote to Nancy Pelosi. I had never heard of Mike Rogers before seeing this video, but I love him now. He's what America needs more of. I'm glad to know someone is on our side!
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I love Mike Rogers and it is good to have someone on our side. Go Mike!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• What a crock,

First are we recycling july's material? :)

Second the guy claims section 141 dis-enrolls people from their current plans. IT DOESN'T. Here is a copy of the text of section 141. Link provided as well.

SEC. 141. HEALTH CHOICES ADMINISTRATION; HEALTH CHOICES COMMISSIONER.

(a) In General- There is hereby established, as an independent agency in the executive branch of the Government, a Health Choices Administration (in this division referred to as the `Administration').

(b) Commissioner-

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

•  

(1) IN GENERAL- The Administration shall be headed by a Health Choices Commissioner (in this division referred to as the `Commissioner') who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.

(2) COMPENSATION; ETC- The provisions of paragraphs (2), (5), and (7) of subsection (a) (relating to compensation, terms, general powers, rulemaking, and delegation) of section 702 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 902) shall apply to the Commissioner and the Administration in the same manner as such provisions apply to the Commissioner of Social Security and the Social Security Administration.

SRiveroC

• The only time the word dis-enrollment is even mentioned is to aid and assist people who have already dis-enrolled from their plans, but have problems that have arisen from that dis-enrollment. And, sorry Congressman, but that is section 144 and it doesn't translate into anything close to what he claims.

(B) assistance to such individuals with any problems arising from disenrollment from such a plan;

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh and one more thing :) He mentions the cancer death rates of the UK and Canada being higher than the US and blames that on their UHC system, well I' need DATA to back that conclusion first off, and secondly our system wont be modeled after theirs, that is just more scare tactics from the right wing.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:53 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Good try River.....Mike Rogers is from my home state and he is for getting the truth out, I have been following him for quite some time now and he is for giving the truth. Sorry you are out to pass out your interpetation of your lie just to pass this health reform.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• He is a smart man. The Dems are not willing to compromise or listen to the people. They are willing to throw the 85 percent under the bus. Congress can make laws to regulate the insurance industry. They could make laws about preexisting conditions, cap limits and not allow insurance companies to drop a person after they have cancer or other life threatening conditions. They have chosen not to do this. They can provide tort reform which will cut costs to doctors and hospitals and protect them from frivolous lawsuits. Again this is not on the table. This is about politicians and not about us. If it was about us they would be willing to compromise and not say it is this plan or nothing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Okay Ms. River...I have read both sides of the bill, and I still stand that Mike Is right.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Silly River, they don't care about FACTS and what the bill ACTUALLY says...Just what their party SAYS that is says!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2009