Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i make money to support me and my son?

See me and my son father has total broken up and he was the only 1 working son we basically live on his pay check well we are over he doesnt want to be a family anymore so now im lost cause i have to support me and my son and i havent been in the work force for so long so i dont know where to start.


Asked by Proudparent1140 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Take an inventory of your skills. Go to the local workforce commision, they can help with everything. Or go to a temp agency to get something soon. And apply for everything that comes close to covering expensies. Good luck.

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • Have you thought about working at home? I work at home with my 2 little boys at home with me and absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! Feel free to visit my website at or email me at Hope we can talk soon! Thanks

    Answer by Rebecca325 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • Before starting working for any online companies go to the scams website and see if they are posted on there.

    Answer by busymom1107 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • First, file for child support.

    If you need some help with your resume and structuring your jobsearch, send me a message offlist.

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • I work from home. I can help you reach your financial goals!
    Check out my website.

    Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • I work from home also, lots of options, dont worry it will work out. Check out the company I use



    Answer by customcat2000 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • Ever have one of those boxes on your TV from Neilson. Well, they pay people every day to shop, do surveys on what they watch, purchase, and need. NO CREDIT CARD ever and they pay you after each survey you do for them. It's not a full time job, but it can be a lot of extra money: Neilson

    Answer by at 1:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

  • File for child support. You can also file for emergency assistance with your local agency.

    There are also places you can pick up food/diapers etc. with no questions asked. To find those places near you ask at the unemployment office.

    Churches also sometimes can help with finding resources for housing, groceries, job hunting etc.

    Good luck.

    Answer by tophersmama at 1:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009


    Sure.  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:


    Answer by m-avi at 1:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009