Is it ok to work out if ttc???

Is it ok to workout if I am trying to conceive? I had been working out for weight loss but since starting my job I kinda stopped and need to start up again cuz I kinda gained 10 pounds I just dont want to gain anymore until I get pregnant. LOL I was doing a workout dvd every other day and then doing my exercise bike eveyother day for an hour. I also would do some weight lifting and abs. I dont know if its too much because I know too much can make you not ovulate. I just want my clothes to fit till I get pregnant and I dont know how long that will be. Thanks ladies!!!

Luv2BeaMOM513

Asked by Luv2BeaMOM513 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• you can definitely still workout

but don't workout as hard as you would for weight loss. do it as a maintenance and fitness regime - the more active you are the healthier you are.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Of course! I worked out until about two weeks before I delivered (and resumed two weeks after); I only gained 24 pounds, and was back in all of my pre-pregnancy clothes at 9 or 10 weeks post partum, and I was 35.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yes.ive lost 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks just from swimming & were TTC.
    caseyplus1

Answer by caseyplus1 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I used to use exercise dvd's but found they got repetitive and boring pretty quick. My friend turned me on to a cool new fitness site that has pilates and yoga and more that change daily. I joined last month and have already lost 8 pounds! It's cheap and it keeps me motivated. If you want to check it out, they have a free trial that doesn't cost anything. Daily Fit Planet. www.dailyfitplanet.com
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 2:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009