Why are there so many grammar goofs on Cafe Mom?

Wear do you buy your clothes? I have there keys. I am a women. I am 2 tired 2 talk. Thats gr8.

Honestly people, no wonder children don't have good grammar, their parents have terrible grammar! We are all at a computer, we can all take the time to be precise. There is a backspace key on every keyboard as well as the full alphabet.

I am honestly afraid that the English language is being destroyed by lazy parents who could care less about how they appear to others on the computer screen. When I see poor grammatical skills, I lose respect for the typist. They didn't take the time to type, why should I take the time to care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• My guess is the failure of public education. It drives me crazy to see MOTHERS who do not know the difference between there, their and they're; your and you're; to, too and two; etc. Who checks over their kids' homework?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• actually i have good grammer and always got a's in college english...but i write really fast...i dont bother going over it.maybe i should but i dont.see i dont capatilize and my spelling is awful.most of the time i get (dont know what your talking about cant answer the question)so i wanted to take a college writing course i went into the registrars office and he said i couldnt take it cause i got a"s in english...so now im left with boring business 101..i just wanted to take it just to take it..oh well.i will learn supply and demand after working in retail for 15 yrs....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Another teacher to tell us how bad we type our sentences. UG!

Answer by louise2 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Sensless slaughter of the English language is not a victimless crime lol.

For me it is not grammar, it is spelling type-o's. My brain is faster than my fingers.

I hate to see really bad grammer...a lot of then when it should be than...oh and whether is hardly ever used, they say weather. It is our school systems fault and partially the parents.

I do however agree with the other posters, this is an informal forum, so lighten up a bit. It is not a college entry essay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Their- I have their keys There- I am going there on vacation. They're- They're making me crazy. Weather- I hope we have nice weather today. Whether- Eat your food whether you like it or not. To- I am going to the store. Too- Can I go too. Two- We have two cats. Your- Can I borrow your coat? You're - You're really irritating me! Use- Can I use some of your glue? Used- She used some glue. She used to be a member of Girl Scouts. Then- I wanted pizza for dinner but then I changed my mind. Than- I would like pizza for dinner rather than taco's. Lord I could go on and on. It is your native tongue people, live it, learn it, love it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well, Im on my phone with a qwerty keyboard so Im not switching back and forth from screen to screen just to correctly place all my commas and what not just to please the eyes. It is also hard to scroll back through and check my spelling.. I know how to spell, I know my grammar but Im not going to waste my time to please strangers..
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 11:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Whatcha talkin bout? I haves a college degree and i's toke Public communication, Public speaking, and Literature in collage and i stil mispel words here. Geeeeettttt oooovvvvveeeerrr iiiiittttt. OKAY!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Anon 11:10 - your answer is exactly what this question is about. i's toke? I haves? collage?

No wonder our nation is going to pot - colleges give degrees to people who can't even talk correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• As long as they can communicate their thought, I'm ok with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 AM on Sep. 3, 2009