How many mommys here have a story to tell!?

Here is another story about me just not thinking. SO, my son was about one month old and we were going to visit some relatives. The doors on our car were frozen shut! My hub put our son on the back of the car so that he could get the door open. I then went around the car to see if I could budge one of the other doors. He accidently rattled the car so much trying to get the door open that our son FELL OFF THE CAR! Luckily for us, he was already in his carseat and strapped in but WOW that was scary! Does anyone else have a story about something that could've ended badly? Don't worry about the "bashers", I report them!

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my son was a little over a year old, he woke us up one morning showing us a ball he had found. I was half asleep and couldn't see clearly and I was just like yeah that's cool, hon. After a few seconds I noticed it was in fact an egg. I got up and there was at least 8 eggs thrown throughout my kitchen and living room carpet.

When he was just a little man, barely getting around with rolling. My husband and I were sitting on the couch getting in some TV time. He was busy playing on the floor, rolling from one toy to the other. Well apparently he got interested in his daddy's work boots and found his way over there. My husband and I look over and my son has his head directly over top my husbands stinky boots. His little ol' head just bobbing up and down and a face of pure disgust, stuck and couldn't roll over. I was laughing so hard as I rescued him from torture.
    Rae-Rae05

Answer by Rae-Rae05 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My 1 yr old son had a cigarette for breakfast yesterday. I went to the bathroom and when I came back he had a pack of cigs with 1 out and pulled off the filter and was gnawing on it. He is a good boy though and I said NOOO give that to me. He spit it out and handed me the rest.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• LOL! Yeah, thats a good one. I caught my son ripping my cigarettes up constantly until I got into the habit of keeping them up at all times, lol. Thanks for sharing!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• One time, dd was about 9 months old. I had her playroom set up to be completely baby proofed. Her playroom was also the living room, so the couch in there was made into a "wall" and my dining room table(all two by two feet of it! LOL) was against the back. I had a beautiful glass jar with reeds in it and lavedar oil in it on the table. Since she was 9 months old and had JUST started walking, I figured she couldn't climb out or onto the couch and I REEKED, so i went to get a shower while she was awake and playing(my first mistake) I got out of the shower about 8 minutes later(hey first time I ever showered with her awake! LOl And the last...) and she had the lavendar oil bottle in her hands and REEKED of it! I was terrified, called 911 and everything.
    They came and looked at her and said she smelled great but because she wasn't vomiting or anything, she was fine, she hadn't ingested any(thank goodness) Talk about scary!!!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• LOL! Thats a good one too! I would've been terrified but after finding out that she was alright, I would've laughed. Thanks for sharing babe!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Okay, here is yet another one where I just wasn't thinking. My hub was redoing our bathroom and had ripped the flooring, cabinets, etc out. I woke up and my son (about 1) was NO WHERE to be found! I searched the entire house and still didn't find him so I immediately called the police. I swore that he had gotten into the locked bathroom somehow and was crawling around underneath the house! The police came and searched. The neighbors came out and helped us search. We're walking back through the kitchen and my son popped out of the bathroom cabinet and screamed BOO MOMMY! LMFAO!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My older 2 kids were terrible toddlers, they are 21 months apart and have done it all I swear. Once my son drank peroxide, dont ask, I have no idea...... thankfully it looses its power after being opened a couple weeks, at least thats what the poison control lady said..... he also put a toothpick thru his eardrum while I was pregnant for his sister, that left a small scar, but thankfully no hearing loss, when they were 3 and 4 they covered each other with aluminum roof coating, again, dont ask, I couldnt even get the lid off, but leave it to the kids! He also set the lawn mower on fire in my moms garage when he was 4......geez, its a wonder he has made it to 15 and his sister to 13...... they kept me on my toes and often caught me off gaurd, go figure!
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• WOW! LMFAO! You have LOTS of good stories! Thanks for sharing!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• LOL! I'm so glad I'm not the only terrible mother here! I have 1 son who stuck beads from sister's necklace up his nose. We tried pickin them out with tweezers, making him sniff black pepper to sneeze them out we evn went so far as to get the vacuum out and try to suck them out. Finally, ended up in e.r. with dr. He had a longer pair of tweezers-came right out. But my son to this day doesn' tlike the sound of a vacuum( he's 14). My youngest had brown stains on his neck and ears-thought it was just from being out in the sun so much. Good LORD NO! It was DIRT! I felt soo low!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 11:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh Im sure I have more......lol I could probably write a book on the stupid stuff my kids have done but I dont ever think that makes me a bad mom, just one with lots of character and stories to tell. :) I mean really, kids do stuff and there isnt anyone here who hasnt had something happen :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2009