What do you think of Michael Steele's reaction?

Duzak, a 23 year old Towson University grad, stood up,
"My mother died of cancer 6 months ago because she could only afford three of her six prescription chemotherapy medications," she projected. "There are 50 million people in this country who could end up like my mom, suffering or dying because they do not have adequate health care. Everyone in this room and everyone in this country should have access to good health care."

The room woke up and other than those glaring from the front, the applause was wall to wall. But it's Steele's response that makes this moment both newsworthy and a terrible comment on his character. After saying that he believed in a mature, honest discussion and not in shouting, Steele said, "People are coming to these town meetings and they're like [he then shakes]." He then looked and gestured right at Ms. Duzak and said, "It makes for great TV. You'll probably make it tonight, enjoy it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2SM2ReJko&feature=player_embedded

Why is he slamming a woman so upset when the republican party is encouraging people to get all riled up? as long as they are against reform

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• wow, that was mean.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:18 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I've heard the dems are putting plants in the audiences,just for this kind of reaction. That's possibly who this woman was,and is just trying to make everyone in the Rep. look bad. Nothing is beneath the dems at this point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'd say he had her pegged. She's a known pro-Obamacare activist, not just some random citizen attending a meeting, and played it up for full drama hoping she'd get exactly this kind of publicity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You know, I get what you are saying anon :19, but aren't we supposed to hold our elected officials to a higher standard? He likely doesn't know that lady from squat and what he said was really rude. I am a registered Republican and didn't vote for Obama, but what Steele said was just plain wrong. It would have been wrong had it been in the reverse as well. I would never assume to know if someone's medical condition was legitimate or not.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• QuinnMae, obviously, he does know her,given his nonchalant reaction,and I agree with what the anon said,about having her pegged. She's obviously been doing this alot,and Steele just finally called her bluff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• IDK, I guess I am just playing devil's advocate for a minute. It just rubs me the wrong way when any political figure behaves like that. I guess because I don't know who she is or why she supports Obamacare, I would have been offended at that comment. Sort of like the Health care protesters being called 'loons' 'angry mobs' and 'astroturf' was offensive. Name calling and these sorts of things just detracts from the actual facts of this bill and why many people believe it is bad. I just find it unnecessary, that's all.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

She was on the news today, her story is real.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• She was on the news today, her story is real.

She's also a known activist traveling around to town halls to make a scene as often as she can
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• She's also a known activist traveling around to town halls to make a scene as often as she can

so. Her story is true and she believes in her cause, especially now that it so close to home. Why do you not care about the republicans that are traveling around to town halls and making a scene? They are all trying to be heard but its only disgraceful when your a democrat? when it doesn't fit your agenda?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2009