10 month old boy afraid to crawl and roll over

I have a 10 month old boy. He seems very intent on moving around but looks like he is afraid to crawl or roll over. When he is sitting down, he lunges forward, almost as if he wants to crawl. How can I encourage him? I put him on his tummy but after a few min, he starts crying. What can I do?

kewoeber

Asked by kewoeber at 11:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He will do it on his own. some babies are hesitant and others are little dare devils. crawl around on the floor so he can see you do it and maybe he will join you. some babies dont even crawl, they just go right to walking. take your time and dont push him, it could make him even more scared
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My LO will be 10 months tomorrow and we are in the same boat. Mine will push himself backwards while on his tummy and in circles. He does this sitting too. He will roll back to belly but will not roll belly to back.

He will however pull to a stand and loves to walk holding hands. Some skip crawling but I am ready for him to crawl too:)
    morrisonkm9

Answer by morrisonkm9 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009