How do I cure my babys distended belly

my 3 week old has sort of a destended belly (pear shaped) She eats 4-oz at a time and Im wondering if shes eating too much. She poops at least once a day and wets her diapers regularly. She does get fussy at the end of a feeding. We been also having probs w her having mild acid reflux. Is it all related?

brandidy56

Asked by brandidy56 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't give them gas relief unless the dr recommends it. Sounds pretty normal for your baby to be fussy when she is full. I wouldn't worry about the shape of her tummy unless the dr. is. My newborn ate around 4 oz the first few weeks and my second had acid reflux. We were told to sit her up at an angle after she eats and let her sit and digest. She sounds just fine to me.
    sararsara

Answer by sararsara at 2:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i wouldnt worry if she was having the right amount of wet diapers. i honestly think a babies belly should be nice and full. and she may be getting fussy at the end of eating just because she IS starting to get full.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well, give her few drops of gas relief. I think she will be fine after taking it. It helped my kids when they're babies.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If she was eating too much she would be puking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009