What do you have in your kitchen?

Well, my gas range/oven has broken for a month or two. It's now time for us to get a new one. I am just wondering what you have in your kitchen and how you like it or if there is any on your wish list. Thank you for sharing!

ocsosomom

Asked by ocsosomom at 11:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have the glass top stove. It's easy to clean, food doesn't spill down inside the burners. But on my wish list is a gas stove with the 5 or 6 burners.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• We have a frigidaire that has a glass-ceramic top... While I really love the looks, I can't stand it. I'm a really messy cook, so as I slop the food over the side of the pan, it starts burning. So it's hard to get that off. I prefer a gas stove over anything, but then food gets dropped under the burner.
    We also have to buy a special cleaner (ceramabryte) for the stove top, otherwise it streaks...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• we also have a frigidaire ceramic cook top. the stove is pretty look at but I hate it. the temperature control is way too hot at lower settings ( warm will burn) and you have to have the bottoms of your pans spotless clean and dry on the bottom before setting them on the burner.
    it's just been a pain in the ass at my house so far.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Frigidaire Self Cleaning gas stove/oven, it is awesome! Cleans easily and the self cleaning feature is nice.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 2:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I prefer a gas oven to an electric because the gas ovens are better for baking. You just can't get a good crust on a loaf of bread baked in an electric oven. I also prefer gas burners because I have more control over the temperature under my pots than I do with an electric burner.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• we have a viking 6 burner cook top and a viking double convection wall oven. I love my cooktop and oven we also have a Miele Steam oven which I also love but I wish I would have done a Viking range vs cooktop and oven so I could have a more industrial look in the kitchen and then I would have gone with a single viking oven and the miele steam oven in the spot where the double ovens are at. I also would have loved to get the Gaggenau Steam oven but it just wasnt in the budget at the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I have had ceramic, gas, and electric. I really enjoy cooking (also why I am...robust lol). I absolutely loathed the ceramic. If you spill anything over, especially starchy things, it adheres with the might of a Superfriend and won't come off even using the expensive cleaner. You have to scrape it off with a straight razor blade. It always looks streaky unless you clean it with the spendy cleaner, which takes more time as you have to apply, rub, then buff it off with a clean cloth to get it really shiny. Give me a gas stove any day of the week. The only thing I did like about my ceramic stove was the convection oven. It cut the baking time down.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:09 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i loathe by glass top stove... don't do it!!!!!! i would kill for a gas....
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have a gas and I love it. I will never cook on electric again. No glass top, just regular burners.
    greenie11

Answer by greenie11 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have the Frigidaire glass top too. I hate it. Food drips or spills and it burns on quickly. Very hard to clean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2009