Update from Yesterday

Hello ladies, my DS got so mad at my DH (step father) because he called him a jerk that he now want to live with his dad. The problem is that his dad lives in a terrible school district. His dad said he could home school but this kid is not motivated enough nor is there enough supervision in that house to do so. I want to tell him he cant live at his dads because he needs a good education. I know DS will be really pissed. I am so confused. Should I just let him go and hope for the best. Or go with my gut and put my foot down and tell the x that he must live here because of education, and deal with the pissed kid. Thoughts?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 12:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Your son is going to be mad, but you can't just let him go back and forth between mom and dad as he pleases just because he gets mad. My MIL does that with my BIL, and he moves back and forth every couple of months.

But, if you are going to let him move just because he is mad, he can still stay in the same school he is in, you just need to go to the school office and ask how to do it. I know it involves getting a waiver or something and some papers signed, I had friends who did it in high school.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Kids pissed at parents? Go figure lol. Stick to your guns momma. He is just in a mood, and will play you and the ex against each other as long as you let him. Do what is best for your child...rarely is it what is easiest to do.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Right now,his education don't seem like the biggest problem he has, you are concern about the living environment at his dad,but, your DH is calling him a jerk,your DH shouldn't speak to him like that. How is this child supposed to succeed in school or life,when ,he has grown adults calling him jerks and names. I was taught to earn respect,you have to give respect. Your son still has a dad, your DH was out of line, your son may start having some issues. How would you feel,if,you had a big person standing over you,and calling you a JERK.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009