any1 have a bby between 34-35 weeks wat was the outcome my lil girls gonna be delivered soon im in labor an they wnt stop it bc im 34wks im scared but i got the steroid shot awhile back

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your practically full term your baby will be just fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i had my son at 34 weeks he weighed 4 lbs 11 oz and spent 6 days in the nicu....his lungs were developed he just had to learn to suck and breath at the same time
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My daughter was born at 33.5 weeks when I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. The steroid shot you got is intended to help the baby's lungs develop. My daughter was underweight (2 lbs 15 oz) due to my condition, but I think the average is around 4-4.5 lbs for girls at that age.

We were fortunate the only issues she had was the low weight, light jaundice (almost all preemies have this), and some anemia. She was given oxygen but never needed a respirator. For the first week or so she was fed on a stomach tube along with a bottle. She was in the NICU for 4 weeks until her weight got over 4 lbs and she was able to maintain her own body temperature.

Best of luck to you!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009