Im very depressed! Not a ? Just wanted to talk about this anon!

Im 36wks 5d prego an im s depressed ive actually been depressed for a long time now its to the point to were i know i need help i just cant afford it! I have 2 lil boys an one on the way an i know my depression is affecting them! My hubby doesnt know because i put on an act when im around him! I cant do it anymore its to the point were i have to force myself to get out of bed in the mornings! An now that the babys coming im freaking out because we dont have everything that he is going to need we have a bed for him an some clothes an a carseat an bottles! It really stressing me out! Shit wasnt this hard 6 months ago but now we are struggling an its hard very hard an its not helpin the depression its making it alot worse! Well ty ladies for reading this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you have medicaid you can go see a therapist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• When you go in for your next appt with your OB, make sure you tell him/her. They can help you. Depression is common when you're pregnant. If you're having children with your husband then you should be able to talk to him about this. You shouldn't have to go through it alone. I was terrified when I was going to have our 3rd son, but it got better, easier. It will for you. Please get help, don't be ashamed. You have 2, almost 3 little people depending on you, so you need to take care of yourself. GL, Hope you're feeling better soon!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• depression during pregnacy can be a big indication that you will have post pardom depression

nothing to blow off

call your doctor today!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It is very important to get help.
    You can talk with your doctor, you want to work on this sooner than later.

For this moment, now, try to keep perspective: The baby doesn't *need* much. Just you and a blanket. Even diapers are optional. The car seat if you're going somewhere, of course, yah.
    But when I feel strained it really helps me to remember that all the "gear" is optional.

Try to take each task or challenge one at a time. Make a list so it's not swarming inside your head, get it out. You can check one thing off each day. Go slow...

But you should call your doctor asap. You can begin getting better~ think how NICE it will be to start getting relief!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i suggest you talk to your husband about this! and i agree, talking to your ob or midwife is a great idea. mine asked me about post partum depression at my check ups after baby was born, but i'm sure they would want to help beforehand too. good luck! :) i hope you feel better soon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I have been right where you are I hid my pre-natal depression too. It only got worse after my son was born. Even though you may want your hubby to think this is a happy time for you he needs to know ,so that he can help you get help. I finally told my hubby about my depression when our son was 18months, I wish I could get those 18months back, I wish I could get most of my pregnancy back, I can't but if you get help you will be able to actually LIVE and ENJOY your new life and baby. Talk to your care provider, talk with your hubby, talk with your spiritual advisor, just talk get all your worries,fears and stress out of your mind and off of your shoulders. There are many was to find some form of professional help, try googling for free or low cost counselors in your area. In the mean time make sure to get out of your house get around lots of people and do things that make you happy.

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I strongly suggest talking to your doctor, they can priscibe you something to take while pregnant if you feel you really need it, they can also give you a list of therapist, pyschiatris or what ever that are low costing that you may be able to afford. This isn't something to just let go. I've had depression since I was a kid, granted it didn't get bad till I was in HS but it was something that I needed medication for. I'm only at 30 weeks and I'm starting to notice my depression coming back, odd little ways. The one thing I know that worked really well for me whenever it gets bad is to wright everything down. Anything that goes on in your head just jot it down in a binder or notebook, it does help reduce the stress and you can even figure out ways to fix or figure it out. I do also strongly suggest that you talk to your hubby about this, he can help by relaxing your fears and just being an open ear. Best of luck
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2009