Do any of you FTWM have to deal with this?

I have a clerical position. I work mostly with women. I feel like i'm so back in high school. There are two of them taht I refer to as Paris and Nicole. They kind of resemble them. They are the equivalent of the mean girls in high school that gossip about everyone. I speak to them but I just cand stand the fact that they talk about everyone. Mind you one of them is like 40 already. I'm thinking aren't you soooo past that. They gossip about stupid things like "Did you see the shoes that such and such candidate came in with?" I mean WHO FREAKING CARES? I work with police and fire candidates. That is what I mean when I referred to candidate. How do you deal with it. I know it's rude but sometimes I just feel like telling them who cares? or what's you point?

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 12:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• She's (the OP) not gossiping, she's venting. I have worked with women like this too. At first I tried to ignore it, but it is rather irritating, not to mention if they talk about everyone else, then you know they are also talking about you. What I find that works better is to just say "don't you have anything better to talk about?" something along those lines. Call them out on their cattiness and make them aware that you are having no part of their immaturity.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OH MY GOSH I am in the same boat! Honestly, I just work through it, like literally, WORK through it.. :-) I know it is hard, but I have come to realize as long as I am not on the "bad side" of these people, then I don't have too much to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Um aren't you gossiping about them right now? Seems you are no better and are judging them based on how they look and their age. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am lucky, I am a contractor and the supervisor for our site. I have two people that I work with, one is at a different building, and the other is awesome, we all get along well.

But I have been in your shoes before. mostly when I was in retail.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I IGNORE the immature.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't have to deal with those kind of issues. The people I supervise and the people I associate with there aren't those kind of people.

And, I agree with anon 1:16...lol.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• That is why I am glad I do not work anymore.  that is so hard to deal with!!

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 10:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009