Pregnancy Itching

hi,

Just thought I would ask... did anyone else ever get this insatiable itching that it seems like nothing could cure it, no medicine, no oatmeal baths, nothing!!! I have been tested for my liver to make sure it was in working order nothing wrong there and it isn't pupps either... my doctors don't know what to do, they have prescribed me meds but they don't help either... ugh.. it sucks to say the least.. mainly because I will scratch until it bleeds :(

SarahDx2

Asked by SarahDx2 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I scratch all the time. My SO has to tell me to stop because I do it without knowledge.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I was like that for weeks. People thought I was crazy because I had scratches all over my body. I would put baby oil in my bath water or put it on myself while in the shower (if you try that, BE CAREFUL so you don't slip) and use aveeno oatmeal bath twice a day. At night I would take benadryl. It didn't take it completely away but it did help alot.
    I think that was the worst part of this pregnancy. I really hope you find something that works for you.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I dealt with itching with my son and now with this one. The only thing that really helps is to keep some lotion (I have vaseline soothing with aloe and it seems to works the best) handy and take benadryl. The Benadryl cream never helped but actually taking it did, and the children's liquid works the quickest.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• yeah..i started itching at the very begaining and it itched soooo flippin' bad. I remember i was folding clothes and my stomach started itching so bad. I scratched all night long and it got worse the more i scratched the worse it got. I called doctors and they told me to go in because the itch was so bad that i was up all night and beings how i have a 2 year old that's not a good thing to be up all night. So, my husband got fed up with all the pain i was in and i went to the ER because my doctors would not see me for a few weeks. I went in and they told me that it was in fact PUPPS. I only had them on my tummy and a few on my boobs. They look like welts or HIVES. So, they gave me this steroid cream and it went away within 2 days. There is alot of rashes you get when your pregnant and i got what i felt was the worst. Since you know its not PUPPS put like a cold cloth on the itch and it will take it away temp. GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009