If I have 3 kids each 5 years apart do you think they will be close growing up and when they are all adults?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think their ages has anything to do with it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree with the OP, it depends on how you raise them, how close they are now and basically their personalities and bonds as they get older. I guess you'll just have to see.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 12:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My daughter is 6 1/2 years older than my son. They are now 33 and 27 years old and they talk to each other via phone or text at least once a day, even though they physically live 1200 miles apart. They bickered a normal amount as children, but are far enough apart in age so they weren't jealous of each others belongings, friends or activities.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• That is up to you! I had my first, then #2 5 yrs later, then #3 3 yrs after that. So there are 5 yrs between my first and second, and 8 yrs between my first and third. I then had two more 13 months apart when my 3rd was already 12. My children...all 5 of them are very very close. My oldest is out on his own and still comes by all the time. He takes his sisters home with him on weekends sometimes and they go swimming, amusement parks etc. My older girls adore the little ones, they are like second moms to them. It is all about your family dynamics, not age. Love is a matter of multiplication, not division. Love them, show them how to love one another and it well be awesome!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Depends on your kids and depends on how you parent. My siblings and I are all very close in age but we are not close at all. Our parents really pitted us against each other our entire lives. I have not spoken to either of my sisters in 6 months. We are not mad at each other we just are not close or have anything in common other than parents. My brother and I are a bit closer he is very close to my husband as they are best friends. We have talked about how we were raised and how it has affected our relationships with each other. None of us are close with our parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am three years younger than my sister, three years older than one brother, and 11 years older than the other brother, and honestly, we all hated eachother til highschool. My younger brother is 12 and he still gets on my nerves. So honestly, I dont think they will get along. But hey I may be wrong and thats just my family.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It all depends on your family. I'm the oldest of 4 and I'm 2 years older than my one brother, 9 1/2 years older than my youngest brother, and 12 years older than my sister. My younger brother and I get along great and we talk as much as we can (busy lives, you know) and I'm close with my little brother and sister, too, but the age difference drives a bit of a wedge for now because they can't relate to my life but I've already been there, done that with stuff happening in their lives. However, my parents have raised us to be close-knit and we come from a very large, very close family so it could just be us.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think that will depend more on their individual personalities than the age difference.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009