What religious or spiritual books do you recommend for kids and adults?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Which religion?
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Any religion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my book of bible stories, the great teacher, jehovahs witness, they will most likely give them to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• So many, where do I start! For adults: 3:16 by Max Lucado; The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence; Steps to Christ by Ellen G. White; Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore; Praying the Names of God by Ann Spangler; Jesus 365 by Ed Stewart

My kids like: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories by Mary Batchelor, My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. That's all I can think of right now.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Anon, "My Book of Bible Stories" brings back memories! When I read the stories in the Bible, I still have a visual of the way that book illustrates them. Especially David and the lamb.
    Lexylex

• The Giving Tree. A great book to discuss sharing and how not to be selfish like the little boy in the story who takes everything from the tree in the end. Good book. I love it and so do my kids.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i agree with anon about the JW books, they are wonderful.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• the peacegiver, so your teen knows all the answers, sherry dew's books, believing jesus, why does it seem my prayers are not answered.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I love the Chronicles of Narnia - me and my hubby just read all 5 books together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Definitely the Bible and I also love the Chronicles of Narnia. They're excellent allegories! Pilgrim's Progress is another good one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009